Fitz

Default New TV aerial for 'strong' or 'weak' signal?

Christian McArdle wrote:
snip

Don't even think of using crappy "TV coaxial" cable, you might as well use
garden twine.

Oh dear.

I fear I may have cocked up.

We have just finished (for normal DIY values of finished) our three
year house renovation and I left in place the existing cable coming
down from the roof, through the wall and under the suspended floor in
the living room into the brand new built in cabinets.

We've never had brilliant digital reception, usually ok in good weather
but suffers in bad weather and some channels never come through. I put
this down to a tiny aerial and the yards of extension cable and about 4
connections needed to make the tv work in it's previous temporary home.

I thought I could simply replace the exisiting tiny aerial with one
designed for digital and that the cable would not be the limiting
factor.

If I want to stick a new aerial on is it likely that it will be
crippled by the undoubtedly poor quality tv aerial co-ax?

--
Steve F