Luigi Zanasi

Default Your kickback experience

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 03:25:37 GMT, "Mike W."
scribbled:
How many people here have had a significant kickback incident?

How bad was it? Was it just a 'put a bandaid on it and get back to
sawing' incident or a 'Im not sure I ever want to touch a tablesaw
again' incident? Was it really a life threatening issue?

About 15 years ago, I was doing a test cut on my table saw. I stupidly
used a short piece of 2X4 (about 4 inches long). I was holding it
gingerly instead of using a push stick and didn't have a firm grip on
it. Needless to say, it kicked back right on my left tit. I yelled out
and cursed in at least three languages. The LOML thought I had chopped
off a hand or something. No blood on the outside, but my tit turned
all kinds of neat colours, purple, blue, green, red, yellow, etc. No
permanent damage.
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking