George

Default Your kickback experience

"Leon" wrote in message
et...
IMHO being in position to firmly hold down the wood and learning to deal
with and not panic during a developing situation that would lead to a kick
back is better than trying to keep out of the way.

Do not procede with any procedure that you would feel unsafe in doing.

Well, the very best way to avoid danger is - to avoid it. I'll say that
with out qualification. If you're not there, you can't get hit. If you
haven't seen the classic body positions from the basic woodworking
literature on how to rip on a tablesaw, look at them. Good information.

And letting go is a great option in my opinion, it's one that I developed by
reading accident reports in my former job, where most fatalities were from
delaying ejection (trying to salvage something) until out of the envelope.
When it doubt - punch out.

I'm not going to risk my fingers for _any_ piece of wood, I don't care if
it's ebony. Nor would I recommend it to anyone else.