Larry Jaques

Default Tungsten electrodes for armor piercing bullets

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:21:23 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
quickly quoth:

I'm no mathematician, and have a hard time understanding almost all of this
conversation, but to illustrate a point (if only I knew which
one!)-------the .458 Magnum I own develops 2-1/2 tons of energy at the
muzzle, assuming a maximum load with a 500 grain bullet. It stands to
reason that there's hardly a man alive that could withstand that force on
his shoulder and survive, let alone still be standing. My rifle does NOT
have a muzzle break, and develops 80 foot pounds of recoil (about triple
that of a 12 gauge shotgun) , at least according to the things I read years
ago. It doesn't knock you down. Not unless you're an idiot. :-(
Please, don't ask.

Harold

My dad's friend who told me to hold his 30.06 away from my shoulder
the first time I'd ever fired one is damned lucky it had only one
round in it. When I got up off the ground, I wanted to see blood
trickling fromhis f*ck*ng HEART. (I believe that was the most angry
I'd ever been by age ten.) Subsequent confirmation many years later
by a chiropractor confirmed that it separated the cartilage at my
right inner collar bone joint.

Try shooting one,while prone. One owned by a fellow with a very short
neck.

My 375 H&H Magnum is a bit rough when prone...the 458 Ackley is a
stone bitch.

Were you almost the owner of a brand new 2-piece collar bone? g

Gunner, Member of the Order of the Scarlet Crescent. (2 chevrons)

"Scarlet Crescent" via Google points to the Polish Army in Napoleon's
time. You don't look that old, G. g

-
Don't be a possum on the Information Superhighway of life.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Database-Driven Websites