Kevin Brady

Default Using Central heating WITHOUT fernox inhibitor

Couple of months back I had to drain the CH system to remove an existing
radiator and cap off the flow & return, while extension works (new kitchen)
are being carried out. When refilling the system, although I had a bottle of
Fernox (about £15), I thought I wouldn't put it in for a couple of months,
until I had refitted the radiator and added one in a new location, which
would involve draining down alll over again, and wasting the inhibitor.

With the colder weather upon us, the central heating has been switched on
again and it's going to be another month or two before the radiators in
question are reconnected. How long is it acceptable to run the system
without inhibitor in it. If necessary I could put it in this weekend, but if
it's not reeally necessary for a couple of months then I'll wait.

Thanks

--
KEVIN BRADY, Oxford