John Cartmell

Default All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

In article ,
David wrote:
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"dennis@home" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

We now have full employment;

Not due to Thatcher. If you think that get professional help.

Has anyone actually looked at how many unemployed there are?
There are lots and there is noway we have full employment.

A skills mismatch. We are desperately short of building skills.

So its not unemployment at all then, just a skills mismatch?

If you don't appreciate that there are different sorts of unemployment then
you realy need to go away and do some background reading before you start
discussing the matter. If you don't understand about the unemployment you
cannot begin to tackle the problem.
You will always have frictional unemployment - the gaps between jobs - and
seasonal unemployment, though it's possible to reduce both. Structural
unemployment (vacancies match unemploed but in the wrong skills) demands
re-training and demand-deficient unemployment needs a new government. The last
is what we had throughout most of the Thatcher era.