Cicero

Default Fresh air!

"Graham Jones" wrote in message
Alex wrote:
Graham Jones wrote:

Having recently moved to a house with PVCu double gazing I have
noticed how stuffy the environment inside the house is now that the
windows are closed for Winter. The wife is also complaining how tired
she is and how stale the air seems. My previous home was quite

draughty.

I could simply install an air brick in each room but this would allow
the cold and traffic noise to enter. I do quite like the sealed
environment double galzing gives.

So any suggestions on creating a fresher feel inside the house would
be more than welcome.

Surely it's not that cold that you can't open them a bit, at least some
of the time?

True but I don't want to have to remember to check the windows before I
leave the house. I more permanent solution would be better.

Have a look at the locking catches on your windows. They can usually be
locked with the window fractionally open (about 1/4") to provide trickle
ventilation. Have a look for some kind of groove in the fixed locking
plate(s). If yours don't have this facility consider replacing a few with
new ones to get the desired effect. When locked in the trickle vent position
they're almost as secure as when fully locked.

Cic.