Mxsmanic

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

John Doe writes:

Given your persistent single level quoting only, the context of your
argument is anybody's guess, but if you're talking about the time
Microsoft Windows succeeded over IBM's OS/2, Microsoft won the
battle by virtue of having all of the APIs from Windows 3.1 to use
with Windows 95, and the huge base of applications to go with it.

OS/2 could have supported Windows applications, but it didn't (at
least not completely and well).

In those days Microsoft was the underdog, and the angry young males
were rooting for it instead of IBM. It's amusing to see how history
is now being revised so that the currently dominant player can be
portrayed as the bad guy even back then. We're not at war with
Eastasia, we're at war with Eurasia.