Greg G.

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG)

AL said:

Maybe their blanchard grinder was broken that day and they decided to ship
it without grinding.

Or installing and tightening all of the hardware properly...

But according the local Delta expert, (and I'm NOT being sarcastic),

/QUOTE ON
"The grind is a rotary wheel, reciprcating table grind with a wheel
large enough to cover the whole table. It leaves a different profile
than a blanchard grind (rotary wheel, rotary table) or an engine
grind (horizontal shaft wheel over a linear feed table). "
/QUOTE OFF

And he is absolutely right. The mill pattern supports his contention.

But apparently the wheel wasn't dressed properly, or someone threw a
handful of metal chips on the table when they ground this one. Maybe
the equipment malfunctioned.

For all I know this thing was built by an angry drunkard who was
serving out his last 2 days of notice. Who the heck knows what
happened - but if it's gonna happen, it'll happen to me. :-\

Greg G.