Greg G.

Default Your kickback experience

Robert Allison said:

We set up a piece of plywood in front of a table saw once and
drew a target on it. We would leave the fence slightly loose,
run a piece of 1x4 through the saw (to make a 3/4 x 3/4
piece), then push the fence into the piece and send it flying
back (intentional kickback). You can put a 6 foot piece of
3/4 x 3/4 pine about 3 feet through a 3/4 inch thick piece of
plywood from 15 feet away that way. Really makes you respect
the power. Love those Powermatics!

And that is a sobering realization that most do not comprehend until
it is too late.

I've seen chunks of wood hanging from a hole in a concrete block.
Not in my shop, fortunately...

But it's the little things that will get you.
Ripping 10' x 10" x 2" lumber, never had a problem. You KNOW this is
a tough job and to keep your wits about you. It's that little piece
of hardboard your going to shave a 1/4" inch from the edge of that'll
get you in the end... DAMHIKT

Greg G.