David

Default Table saw wood splitter/anti kick back question

wayne mak wrote:

The Unisaw that I bought has the tongue behind the blade to split/anti kick
back the wood, how many people use this? It would seem it would help keep
the wood against the fence. My dad who has been wood working for ever and
has written books for fine wood working doesn't use one and see's no reason
too. But it seems to me that it would help make a clean cut any thoughts?

What makes you think a splitter helps make a clean cut, Wayne? Proper
alignment, good techinique and the proper sharp blade is what provides a
clean cut; not the splitter.

Dave