Default Be the Norm Abrams (This Old House) of metalworking

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:12:36 -0600, Mike Slowey
wrote:

Anybody out there interested in being the Norm Abrams of metal
working? I'm thinking of doing a metalworking video series along the
lines of the New Yankee Workshop except for metalworking and needto
find an interested experienced machinist/toolmaker/enthusiast to be
the "main man". I have an old lathe,several other pieces of shop
equipment, a drill press milling table, an old and a new video camera,
some video editing equipment, several computers with video editing
capabilities,and a garage with room to build a shop.

First, understand that this is only an idea. I've never done it
before. I have the elements of an idea but not the experience. I have
some of the tools but not the know-how. There is no money available
but a lot of enthuisiasm.

The topics for the show(s) would be the basics: setting up a shop
area,

Translation: Someone to help me build my shop.

rehabilitating an old lathe,

Translation: And help get this old POS lathe I've got working
correctly.

choosing basic tooling for the lathe,

Translation: Take me shopping.

doing a first turning, milling with minimal equipement,

Translation: And fix this old ****in' miller I found behind a
warehouse.

basic precision measuring with calipers, micrometers etc, basic lathe
operations, anything and everything an aspiring home metalworker might
be interested in.

Translation: And answer all of my incessant newbie questions from
hell.

It would be pitched to the public television market.

Translation: Th' videos will be thrown in th' garbage after my stuff
is done.

If you live near middle Tennessee and would like to explore the idea
further, please let me know.

Translation: C'mon suckah... I know yer out there, heh, heh.

Mike Slowey

Sorry man, couldn't help m'self. Good luck snerk.

Snarl