DeepDiver

Default Tungsten electrodes for armor piercing bullets

"Gunner" wrote in message

There is nothing wrong with hunting. ETHICAL hunting.
Gunner

I don't have a problem with those that hunt, particularly if they consume
the game.

snip
My comment is about me, and the lack of pleasure I derived from my one
and only successful deer hunt. I drew out on a doe permit and got a clean
head shot. The critter dropped in its tracks and had no idea it was shot,
but I didn't feel very good about having shot it.

On the other hand, if some good hearted soul that has been successful in
the
hunt and enjoys sharing the kill, I can't think of anything more enjoyable
than a nice pot of stifatho, a Greek stew made of venison and whole small
onions in tomato sauce and spices. Oh, yeah, with a loaf of french bread!

I have similar feelings. While I *am* opposed to trophy hunting, I do
support those who hunt ethically and governed by sustainable conservation.
In fact, as wild habitat diminishes and natural predators are driven out or
killed, hunting becomes a necessity for proper wildlife management.
Otherwise, foraging animals like deer will overpopulate and die off in large
numbers due to famine or disease.

That said, I have no desire to make a sport of hunting for myself. It just
isn't my thing, although I'd have no problem doing so if survival dictates.
Part of my Navy AOCS training included a couple of days in the wild, living
off the land. It doesn't take much hunger to motivate the natural predatory
instincts in us. I did manage to kill a small rabbit (using an improvised
sling shot) from which several of us made a rabbit soup.

Btw, that Stifatho sounds great. Do you have a family recipe? (I hope your
good-hearted friend has enough to share!)

- Michael