uncle k

Default how septic systems work?

"Goedjn" wrote in message

Yeah, I've got about 10,000 miles on my car since the last oil/filter
change, and it's still working fine, too.

FTR, the contents of the tank were previously unknown, as it was a rental
house. I know I got lucky. I was simply illustrating that "2-3 years" is
often a "magic" number, perpetuated by people who profit from hauling poop.
However, this area (Hood Canal, Olympics, WA) is all glacial till, i.e. a
natural drain, so it's not uncommon for folks to wait several trouble-free
years between pumpings.

I'll admit, it's not unlike going ten MPH over the speed limit... because
everybody else is. Works for me. Think of it as a crap-shoot, so to speak.