Doug Miller

Default 220V for 110V cooktop?

In article , "Toller" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Toller"
wrote:
Years ago I was on an archeological dig in Israel. My razor was 120v and
the Israeli voltage is 240v. However, they deliberately were dropping the
voltage to conserve energy so I figured my razor ought to be okay.

It went up in a blue flash and smoked like crazy.

An entirely predictable result, of course. And you wonder why I give you
grief
when you try to give people electrical advice.

I was nineteen and it was try it or not shave; I knew it probably wouldn't
work, but the potential benefit was worth the risk.

First you say you figured it ought to be okay. Now you say you knew it
probably wouldn't work. Which is the truth?

Since you probably have never had to shave, you cannot appreciate the
situation.

I see you still haven't gotten past junior high school insults. You get that
one out of a book, Wade, or did you make it up all on your own?

I don't wonder why you give me a hard time; its because you are AlphaTurd!

No, I give you a hard time because the advice you give is dangerous. You don't
understand enough about electricity to handle it safely -- as your incident
with the razor proves -- and yet you persist in trying to tell other people
how to handle it.

BTW -- I always figured you were lying when you claimed you killfiled me.
Thanks for proving I was right.

--
Regards,