Mxsmanic

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

BillW50 writes:

But Netscape wouldn't give what Steve wanted. They wouldn't
integrated it into AOL software. Plus they wanted AOL to pay for
every copy of Netscape (I believe it was 10 bucks each). And there
were millions of AOL users. That would add up to megabucks! Then
Microsoft came along and said we'll integrate it into AOL for you.
And you can have IE for free. Well Steve picked IE over Netscape.
And this is when Netscape started losing market share. Because
Netscape got greedy, they lost out. And that's the truth.

And then AOL bought Netscape just to put it to sleep, so that MSIE
would be less encumbered.