Mxsmanic

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

John Doe writes:

But it all makes so much sense having lived through the era being
very interested in personal computing.

I don't understand this statement.

Because it puts the operating system maker's applications at a
significant advantage over the competition.

How?

Are you saying that Microsoft Office is only one application?

Yes.

So why wouldn't they be interoperable?

Because they would all use different file formats, for example.

That's $2,290,000,000 in one quarter.

Yes, and almost all of it is Microsoft Office.

I bet that's more than all other PC software companies combined.

It's not, but it's more than most individual software companies.