Ecnerwal

Default A question about gouge profiles

In article ,
Greg wrote:

A black science all on it's own...

Isn't it just. I'll have to see if I can borrow a digicam again for long
enough to grab some pictures of the weirdest one in my stable, which was
a throw-in with the 20x60. If I was a know-it-all I'd have been faced
with a massive regrinding project, because it is _way_ off from a normal
gouge grind, but I figured there might be a point to it (someone went to
a lot of trouble to grind it this way in the first place), so I've tried
using it to see what makes sense, and it does appear to work. Don't know
that it works better than anything else one could do, but it works. Text
description is a bit difficult - basically two smaller gouge faces
ground at angles into a wide shallow gouge.