Vic Baron

Default Dust Collectors...

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
My shop vac pushes enough air to ionize ne-2 neon lights and make
them glow. It gets very dry here in the midwest during the winter.
This is NOT urban legend. We see sparks and grain dust explosions
every year. It's not a big stretch to imagine a fire from sawdust.
People in this newsgroup have ignited it with sparks or hot metal
particles.

Vic Baron wrote:

IMHO, ignore the grounding - it really falls under the urban legend

heading.

Static charge and sawdust fires from hot metal are two different animals.
Grain and dust explosions in commercial environment are not the same thing.
I repeat - sawdust explosions from static charge in a home workshop are the
stuff of urban legend.

Vic