Bill Chernoff

Default Be the Norm Abrams (This Old House) of metalworking

Its mostly replaced
with shows with high drama depicting incompatible personalities under high
pressure working conditions and impossible deadlines - i.e., the new

reality
motorcycle and hot rod fabrication shows.

Thats right. The other night I was giving my son a little lathe lesson
making parts for his bicycle, and he kept a running commentary going along
the lines on "They've got to get this done tonight or the bike won't be
finished in time for the big race etc etc." It took a minute for me to
catch on, but then it occurred to me that to him, making parts in a shop
always involves crazy deadlines and teetering on the brink stress- just like
on TV!! So I stopped and said no, we're going slow and getting it done just
right. If we're not finished tonight, oh well...

He was quite interested, though, and he really catches on quick.