Pete C.

Default Building a workshop in my basement?

Chuck Sherwood wrote:

Can you find a place to store one of the cars in the winter so you have
some space to work in the garage?

Ah come one guys, he doesn't WANT to use the garage.

But is welding in the basement really an option?
I don't think so, so its time to consider alternatives.

He doesn't drive the cars in the winter so find a place
to store them and use the garage as a workshop.

Considering the incredible confined spaces that they regularly weld in
(with a vent duct and a respirator) when building ships, I would think
that a basement is certainly an option.

Probably a decent kitchen vent hood over the welding bench (presuming
relatively small parts) ducted outside and a fresh air intake on the
other side of the room should be ok. You don't want so much ventilation
that you pull away the argon at the weld.

Pete C.