Jeff B

Default Building a workshop in my basement?

Before we get totally sidetracked with "the downfall of western
civilization" :-) let me ask a few more questions...

For one, the garage is just not an option because my cars are in there (it
would take hours to explain how anal I am about cars) and even if I had them
covered I would be literally like 6" away from a most-likely-flammable car
cover running power tools...

I guess my big question at this point is, is there no one here that welds in
their basement? I have never heard that there are toxic fumes that are
produced when tig welding... if I can't weld in the basement, then
everything else doesn't really matter...

thanks,
Jeff

"Ignoramus12686" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:30:24 GMT, Leo Lichtman
wrote:

"Ignoramus12686" wrote: (clip) Grinding is somewhat worse, chop saw is
way
too loud. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NOTE: It is possible to start a fire with the stream of sparks from a
grinder. I once actually set fire to the shop coat I was WEARING. Also,
plan your work so you never finish welding and then close up and leave
the
shop. It is possible for sparks to fall somewhere and start a
smouldering
fire.

Yeppers, I burned a hole in my pants once with a angle grinder.

I would definitely recommend to keep all grinding equipment in the
garage. Too much fine dust, sparks, noise etc.