Chris Bacon

Default All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

John Cartmell wrote:
Destroying your industry is *not* reform. Spending your capital on
unemployment benefit is *not* good sense. Most of what Thatcher did was
damaging to the country.

That's why, of course, when Labour won, a certain Mr. Healy commented
that "This time, we (Labour) are fortunate to inherit an economy that
is in pretty good shape". If you cannot remember, as may well be the
case, Dennis Healy was Chancellor of the Exchequer when Labour were in
power in the 1970s.

OK Arguably that would have been before she became PM but that's not an
argument that I'd accept. She was sane at the time of her crimes. Bad - but
not mad.

Crimes? Laughable.

Anyway, uk.politics.misc went that --- way.