:::Jerry::::

Default All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article

ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
Err well, seeing that countries like Germany and France might

well
have to go through the same economic / industry reforms that the

UK
went through in the early '80's I'm not at all sure if it was
squandered - it could be, that perticular Thaterright policy was
ahead of it's time. IOW, north aea oil was what allowed us to get

head start.

Destroying your industry is *not* reform. Spending your capital on
unemployment benefit is *not* good sense. Most of what Thatcher did

was
damaging to the country. Some of it was nasty, vindictive,

murderous, and in
any equitable society she would have been hung, drawn, and

quartered before
she became senile.

OK Arguably that would have been before she became PM but that's

not an
argument that I'd accept. She was sane at the time of her crimes.

Bad - but
not mad.

Clueless! :~(

Do you really think that paying ten people to do one mans work was
efficient, that was British industry BEFORE the '80's!

I'm not talking about her vindictive approach to some unions but her
realisation that UK industry was un economic. Re reading the Labour
Manifesto of '79 I suspect that Callaghan had come to the same
conclusion and would have used oil revenue to re structure the
countries industry, if only he had gone to the country in '78 -
before the 'Winter of Discontent'...