Default Motor repair - Kenwood mixer

Iain Mac Donald wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Iain Mac Donald wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

Iain Mac Donald wrote:

So what is the conclusion? Individual components, except for
brushes, are not available. Only the whole motor (new model
including control unit) is available at £100 plus.

http://www.spares2go.co.uk/browse/KE...6904/s4602.htm

£34.32 plus £3.99 p&p

Aha! That is a much better price. Do you know if this is for the early
model KM600 motor (which I have) with grey casing or the later model
with black casing. Maybe the arm fits both models?

I'm afraid I have no idea - I simple let my fingers Google, in
an idle moment - you could try their "parts enquiry" link on
the LHS of that page....

Thanks everyone. Maybe saved a few pennies and learned something along
the way.

You may be looking at the wrong thing here. Had a similar problem with
my sister's Kenwood. It's quite an old heavy duty beast and the top
half swings up. This is where the problem was with hers. Basically the
mains cable needed renewing as it suffered fatigue from the continual
opening and shutting. Worth a look.