Jim Yanik

Default Cutting a 55 Gallon Drum

"SteveB" wrote in
news:9adaf.47546$fE5.35972@fed1read06:

"Barry" wrote in message
Greetings All!

Just got an empty 55 gal. drum from a local eatery that held
vegetable oil. I'd like to use it as a burn barrel, but the only
opening is a small hole in the top for a syphon pump of some kind.

Would appreciate some thoughts on how to cut the top off. My
experience with metal working is limited to high school shop which is
longer ago than I care to think about ;-).

Thanks in advance!

-Barry

Air chisel with v shaped blade for cutting sheetmetal. Leave a lip
you can bend downward. Don't cut off the top ring, or the barrell
will lose a lot of its rigidity.

Steve

Air powered grinder with cut-off disc.
Or air-powered shears like auto body workers use to cut bodywork.
No electricity to electrocute you.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik