Duane Bozarth

Default how septic systems work?

mike wrote:

I have a big tank for the liquids, and another smaller tank next to it for
the solids...and then like 30 feet away from those tanks is a big sand mound
with plastic vent thingees sticking out. I also have a septic pump.

#1, i dont understand how the tanks can distinguish between the solids and
the liquids. like how does it know which tank to go into?

#2 , the big sand mound with vents... I dont quite understand the purpose
of this. Does any water or other sewage get pumped up towards the sand
mound? Or is it just used to vent the system?

any info would be great.

Google is your friend...

http://ohioline.osu.edu/aex-fact/0744.html