John Grabowski

Default Do I really have to grout between ceramic floor tiles?

Laticrete makes a grout that seals itself from stains and the color doesn't
fade. You can buy it at Lowes. Check out the specs:
http://www.laticrete.com/sellSheets/...OSellSheet.pdf

"Ray" wrote in message
I'm planning a 38" x 61" tile project just inside the front entrance.
The design of the 6x6 tiles is such that they look very good in direct
contact with each other. Being just inside the front door, they will get
wet when people enter from a rainy outside. The concern is that water
will get into the spaces between the tiles and wet and weaken the
adhesive below.

They will be laid on a concrete slab that's in direct contact with the
soil. I don't think there is any chance of the slab ever reaching
freezing, here in central New Jersey.

So should I grout (and seal) merely to prevent water from getting
beneath the tiles?

Thanks

Ray