Harry K

Default Square Hole Drills

larry wrote:
Harry K wrote:

John McGaw wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Anybody know a source other than Watts Brothers in Pennsylvania that
sells square hole drills?

Jeff

Interesting. It does make me feel better about my own sanity that what
is being described is not a "square drill" but an entire system
including special floating chuck and guide plate that does the job. When
I first tried thinking about the concept of a "square drill" it was
about as easy to accept as "honest politician".

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Same here. I saw the title, says to self - must mean mortising chisel.
Rethink and decide to read it anyhow as I just might learn something.
I did.

Harry K

machinist 101. I've collected many $5 bills with that bet.
drilling a square hole with a twist drill in the drill
press! and no arbor either.

unless someone gives it away, it'll cost you $5 before i
prove it ;-) (over they years, I've also taken pity and
gave the $5 back to the young kids just getting started, but
it does make them better machinists)

-larry / dallas

Ah yes, I know about that one.

Harry K