Jim Weisgram

Default Anyone else here hone their jointer blades after replacement?

On 2 Nov 2005 17:03:59 -0800, "tom" wrote:

Dave, my 54A's manual says the same thing. It's scary, no? Plus you've
got to be sure your stone is flat.If you're diligent about knife
setting, the "honing" isn't necessary. Besides, it scratches up the
outfeed table. You wouldn't live in the Bay Area by any chance, would
you? Tom

scratches up the outfeed table.

I think there was some reference to using paper to protect the table;
I wonder how well that really works. I'd also be concerned about
getting all the grit and filings inside the works of the jointer.