Dave Lyon

Default steam cleaning

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I used to own a Landa hot water unit that went between a pressure washer

and its
hose. It was diesel-fired and worked just great. They're about $1000

normally.

You can rent steam cleaners.

The steam cops will get me for this one, BUT: if you have an outdoor

turkey deep
fryer setup (those are real cheap) then you should be able to score an old

5
gallon propane bottle, one of the nonOPD ones that are normally free now,

and
prepare it for reuse as I did, then put water in it and plumb your steam

hose to
the 3/4" NPT hole on top of the tank, then fire up your turkey burner

until the
water is boiling, and open the valve. If you're curious about how I

prepare
those tanks for reuse, see:

http://www.tinyisland.com/LPvalveRemoval.html

GWE

wrote:

If it were me, I'd add a popoff valve for safety.