PipeDown

Default Cleaning old Tile Grout / Admix?

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"R Guzman" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hello All. Anyone have advice on the following. Is there anyway to
remove grout/admix on the surface of my bathroom tile.

A previous contractor, mixed something, (Admix?) to the grout to make it
water-proof I guess, but never bother to remove the excess.

Now it's on solid, and no amount of scrubbing can take it off. Any
ideas?

(I want to keep the tile, only just remove the grout left on the surface
of the bathroom floor tile.)

Thanks!

go to a real tile store and ask. there are products for this, containing
mostly some kind of acid.

Those products contain sulphamuric crystals to make a weak sulphuric acid
solution or phosphoric or HCL abut all are much weaker and much more
expensive than muriatic. They are weaker to prevent you from over etching
or burning yourself badly. If you are careful and use diluted solution
first, you should get the same results.