Michael Kennedy

Default Horizontal size on old 14" monitor

You might try different resolutions and lower frequencies.. Say 800x600
60hz.. Sometimes the older monitors only dispaly correctly at certain
frequency / resolution combinations... Maybe that will work for you..

"Peabody" wrote in message
I have an old 14" VGA monitor that I would like to use as a backup.
The model is CM1448M. Anyway, it's just your standard 1024x768
monitor, long before the days of service menus.

There's a vertical size adjustment, but no horizontal size or width
adjustment, and the picture is scrunched up horizontally. There is
a horizontal phase adjustment that moves the picture from right to
left, and a horizontal hold adjustment, but nothing to expand it.

I've also looked inside, and find no pot with the magic words next
to it. Can anyone suggest how I might solve this problem? If I'm
SOL on any monitor adjustment, is there any display setting that
might help? It's an Intel 810 integrated video mobo.

Thanks for any help.