BillW50

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:43:34 -0600

DBLEXPOSURE wrote:
Have you ever noticed how MS bashers can usually remember every DOS command
and claim to still prefer it over a GUI, How ironic is that? Perhaps they
are just ****ed because MS came up with a GUI that allows normal people to
use a computer?

I love and use both DOS and GUI. Somethings still can't easily been
done under the GUI (which is one of the weak things about the GUI
that has been true since day one). OTOH somethings are also easier
under the GUI instead of DOS. So I use whichever one is best suited
for the task.

I hate mice. I hate graphics tablets worse, and I hate trackballs only
marginally less than I hate mice, but I hate mice with a passion.

I don't hate mice. But I'll use a mouse if my hands aren't doing
anything important on the keyboard. OTOH I know most of the keyboard
shortcuts when my hands are on the keyboard. So I try to use one or
the other for long periods of time.

Trackballs are about the same to me as mice. The rubber tiny
joystick thing on the keyboard I can use better than most. Although
I only like it if my hands are already on the keyboard. And
highlighting with this thing seems to be the hardest to do for me.

I have used touchpads and I think they are just as useful for the
most part. Although none of my many computers have this device. I
only use it on other people's computers. First time was a real trip.
As I was thinking how the heck do you work this thing? grin

I am to pointing devices what Yosemite Sam is to rabbits.

I guess I am a bit lucky, it doesn't matter much by me. Mice,
without, or whatever. I still get the work done. grin

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD under Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within WordStar 5.0