clifto

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

Mxsmanic wrote:
A great many of them are burning with envy of Gates' wealth, and this
is what motivates them to bash Microsoft.

I wouldn't mind having his bucks, or even what he pays in taxes, but
I've hated his software since he was nothing but a rich kid with a
couple of computers.

Some people cannot accept the possibility that anyone might do
something better than they can, and so they insist on believing that
anyone who appears to be doing better has "cheated" somehow. Many
people can't accept the fact that Bill Gates became rich by
intelligently managing a computer software company, because they
cannot imagine how anyone could be smarter than themselves.

More than anything Gates was (and is) a marketer. He knows how to put
just enough stuff into a box to get people to buy the box. I'd never
claim to be able to make money as well as he does.

Most of the other reasons for Microsoft-bashing run along the same
lines. For example, some people find fault with Microsoft simply
because Microsoft would not hire them.

Microsoft would never hire me; I have no degrees. However, I still lay
claim to having asked the question, would I ever work for Microsoft?
and answered in the negative long before I ever considered the question
you pose.