David

Default Anyone else here hone their jointer blades after replacement?

tom wrote:

Dave, my 54A's manual says the same thing. It's scary, no? Plus you've
got to be sure your stone is flat.If you're diligent about knife
setting, the "honing" isn't necessary. Besides, it scratches up the
outfeed table. You wouldn't live in the Bay Area by any chance, would
you? Tom

Tom,

the first time I tried it, I had sweaty palms!

The second time I honed, I was more calm about the whole thing.

Yeah, San Jose. (The land of way overpriced lumber)

I wanted to ask DMT if their stones were up for this sort of thing, but
they never got back to me. I'd expect that wouldn't be a good idea (for
the DMT stone, that is).

Dave