Default Dust Collectors...

Astriapo wrote:
I bought a dust collector tonight. What is the idea behind grounding
the hose? I assume to reduce friction. So do I connect it to a pipe
and hook it to the tool itself or what?

Thanks...

If you are using plastic pipes the idea is to eliminate static buildup
caused by the material in the pipe rubbing on the walls.

It should be sufficient to ground the hose clamp at the dust collecor
end. If the hose attachment is metal and in contact with the blower
motor housing it is likely to be grounded already.

A simple check is to run the system and suck up a bunch of dust, then
touch the hoses while in your stocking feet. If you don't get a jolt
you can probably leave it alone.