acrobat ants

Default Carbonator questions (TIG torch cooler)

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 04:15:04 GMT, Ignoramus4939
wrote:

I finally received a carbonator pump. As a nice extra, included was a
water/co2 charging tank, for which I have no use but will keep on the
platform anyway.

Two questions

1. Do I need a pressure relief valve, and if so, what kind. The water
flows out of the torch return line quite briskly.

2. There is a control box mounted on the pump, with a relay and
integrated circuits and a signal transformer. It turns off the pump
after about a minute. If I power the pump off and power it on, it
restarts for another minute. It is trivial vor me to fully bypass this
control thingy, but would I be exposing this pump to any dangers?
(unlikely).

Later on, I would simply mount a 24V relay inside this box, to be
controlled by the welder.

look..... I am not trying to be rude, but we told you this just the
other day, why are you keep askin'

I told you to use a "T fitting if you think the pressure is too much,
you don't need to complicate things,
remeber !!! keep it simple.
if you are concern, install an inline water pressure gauge .
better yet buy a 50 PSI pressure regulator RV valve wich will keep the
pressure at 50 PSI all the time.

first, junk the electronics that limit running time to 1 minute ,
hook the pump to switch and to 110V

connect the water lines , fire up your pump / motor and see how far
the pump will **** the water stream without the torch being connected.
This will give you an idea about volume of water getting pumped.

like I said I ue d a "T" fitting out of the output side of the pump ,
one side of the "T" goes to the torch the other side returns the
access water to the bucket.
you can use a simple small 1/4 inch ball valve to control volume and
pressure.

you don't need much volume. nor pressure.

in my cooler it seems that 1/2 of the water gets dumped back into the
bucket and the other half of what ever the pump supplys goes through
the torch.

any time I stop welding and touch the torch head with my hand the
succer is cool to the touch. the cup is hot as hell.
that is all I need to know.

I really don't care what pressure is in the hose.
Never busted a torch hose yet.

I did weld without water (forgot to turn it on ) and still don't have
a melted hose yet.

keep it simple.
don't over complicate the darn thing.

you should be welding instead of dicking around with that cooler