Dave Hinz

Default EDM cut rifle chamber, curiosity or the future?

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 02:19:37 GMT, Tom Wait wrote:

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek055.html

Interesting gun. I'll throw away my reamers when this break action
conistently beats the Krieger barreled Stolles on the bench.

heh. Couple of years ago, a coworker of mine invited me to see her
friend's metalshop, because she knew I'd be interested. I walked in,
and the machinery was unmistakable.

The boss came up to meet me, and asked if I had any questions.
(rifling lathes were all I could see). My response was something along
the lines of "Well, at that twist rate, I'd expect you're making .223,
and since I know Boots (Obermeyer), you must be Mr. Krieger. I have one
of your barrels on my M1-A." He gave me a great tour, answered some
questions, and it was really nice to know that a guy who makes quality
product also happens to be a nice guy.

BTW I just
rebarreled my FN target Mauser with a Krieger. 6mm 8" twist. 243 Winchester.
I broke it in with some factory loads, now starts load development. I've got
some 105 Berger VLD's and Norma brass to put together tomorrow. Then off to
the range in the PM.

He does nice work. Up to you to use it to potential...