Dan Lanciani

Default Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism

In article , (Wayne Boatwright) writes:

| Depends on the system. PA systems often run both speaker and microphone
| circuits on voltages that could be high enough to do this, given water and
| ground. I can remember being shocked by a PA mike that was improperly
| grounded.

I got a nasty shock from the mike ground connection on an old PA system that
I had borrowed from a different lab. Turned out that the chassis (and mike
ground) were connected to one side of the line and somebody had replaced the
power plug with a non-polarized version. The poeple I borrowed it from knew
this and had some marking so they plugged it in the "right" way (if you can
ever consider having the mike ground connected to the local neutral "right")
but they forgot to mention any of that to me...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com