PipeDown

Default Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism

"mm" wrote in message
When I was about 12, in 1959, I think I was trying to get more sound
from a crystal radio. Or maybe more frequencies. This would only
pick up one station. Or maybe I was just trying to improve the tv
picture, but I connected something to the tv antenna, and another wire
from the same thing to the metal grill of a heating vent. I got
quite a shock.

Not surprising. In 1959
Automakers still denied cars were dangerous enough to have seatbelts
Grounded electrical receptacles were almost non existent
Hot chassis wiring was common and without polarized plugs
Cigarette commercials, magazine ads and billboards were everywhere
Ward Cleaver swilled hard liquor first thing after work (or soon after)
Drunk driving was not taken seriously (I think it was a misdemeanor)

And more but I wasn't there to see it.
Its a wonder my parents lived through it to have me a few years later.