Charlie Bress

Default Latex paint - how to get it off stone?

Get Goof-Off. There are a couple of products that use this name. Check the
Home Depot or Lowes paint department.
There may be some changes in the formula. I have an old can of it and it
will take of dry latex paint. In fact, they used to say that was how you
could tell if an old paint job was latex or oil. The Goof-off will remove
the latex but not the oil based paint.

Charlie

"Mark" wrote in message
ink.net...
If it is "latex" paint, why not try some hot water of a pressure washer?

Mark

"hhk" wrote in message
A little Halloween project gone awry. Red paint splatters on flagstone.
Wife unhappy. How to get it off? I tried paint thinner - no effect. Then
I tried Circa 1852 paint stripper followed by hot water from a garden
hose. It lifted some of the paint but left most. Do I keep going with the
paint stripper or is there a better product/technique?