Default Copper Plumbing Rust, On New Pipes, HOW TO CLEAN IT ?

Duane Bozarth wrote:
wrote:

We hired a plumber to pipe the entire house with new copper pipes a
couple of months back. In the last weekend, I found that there are
quite large areas of green rusts around the copper fitting/connector
sections. The floors and walls are still open, so we can still access
all pipes.

I did not observe the installation so do not know exactly how they
did it. I'd like to avoid repiping the entire house, and want to
see if there is a way to clean up the rust and apply proper sealant
to those areas. My hope is that this clean up will let the pipe last
as long as those laid properly.

Would appreciate suggestions on ways to do this.

An expensive lesson learned, never hire a plumber ONLY based
on price!

Unless there is an actual leak, there really isn't any problem. If
there is a seep, simply cleaning the joints won't solve the problem,
you'll need to get him back to make the necessary repair (which is
essentially trivial).

It does indicate he didn't clean up the joints as well as he could have,
but there is no reason to think these joints will fail early. If you
want them bright, use some plumbers tape (strips of emery cloth) and
shine 'em up...they'll just tarnish again, anyway.

That is good to hear. I didn't see any seeping water, but will take a
closer look when I have a chance.

I like things to be done properly and also look good. So will wipe them
off definitely. Thanks.