SQLit

Default Lack of Attic Insutlation from House Builder

"Vince" wrote in message

I had need to be up in my attic crawl space recently, and I noticed
that in the area immediately above the plumbing wall that is common to
my kitchen and to the bathroom, there was no insulation at all.

Is there any logical reason for the missing insultation other than
that the space is narrower than the normal distance between joists and
the batts of insulation would not fit, unless cut ?

I suppose that I should simply add what I believe is missing, but
thought that I would ask here first. I think that at least in the
area around the stack/vent insulation should be added, since this
leads directly into an unheated basement, etc.

Thanks.

Vince
Long Island, NY

New house? Call the builder for an inspection.
Probably the worker bees just got lazy.