Ian Stirling

Default Immersion heater - spot the problem-I like this

N. Thornton wrote:
(Matt Beard) wrote in message . com...
(N. Thornton) wrote in message om...

You did ask for it.......

a hoover was being used to draw water up a pipe - yes, stupid - but it
sucked rather better than expected. It sucked the water right the way
up and shot it out the back. The chap who did it was unharmed, and no
trip/fuse/RCD tripped. Explain.

snip
Actually hoovers are usually designed so the full airflow goes through
the middle of the motor. Max airflow minimises size weight and cost of
the motor, and cost is all in todays marketplace. Sure, there are
downsides as well as upsides.

The hoover in question was such a beast. The water went through the
motor, all over all the rotor stator and commutator connections.

When I do this, i typically (after removing hose from water) turn the
electricity off at the plug, then empty hoover, and leave to run for a
couple of minutes to get it nice and dry before turning off.
Less chance of various stuff rust/corroding.