Darrell Feltmate

Default Dabbling or Immersion?

Chuck
How is this for some carving? Rev Isaiah Wallace, who was on our Home
Mission Board back in the 1800's, was preaching revival meetings at a lumber
camp outside Meductic, New Brunswick. Twelve men desired to be baptized and
Rev Wallace agreed. This was in January when 20 degrees below 0 Celcius was
not uncommon. They cut a "baptismal grave" in the ice 6 feet long x 3 feet
wide and 3 feet deep. Steps were carved into one end. That must have been
some ice because they then had to wait while the water seaped in to fill the
"grave." Wallace stood in the water and baptized each of the twelve in turn.
No contest from me. Not only does it make the pond in October seem pretty
nice, but a heated baptistry could be heaven on earth.
Then a little wood turning to warm the soul.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate