panofish

Default magnetic featherboard design ideas

Sorry to be so vague. Yes, I'm refering to the magnetic base (without
the dial indicator). When I turn on the switch, the base holds to my
table with 45 pounds of force (2 would be doubly so). If you unscrew
the rod from the base you have an attachment point for a wood plate or
wood L-bracket that you could affix a featherboard (pre-made plastic or
homegrown wood version). The advantage over the griptite is that you
would get finer control over placement before locking down and you
would also reduce scratching of your nice tablesaw finish. Removing it
is also easy, because you don't need a brute force plastic cam lever.
Another advantage is that you would have a more traditional feather
board design with more fingerlets to hold your board in place.

I did find 1 reference on the web from woodworking tips from an
magazine, but the full article (with photos) is not available.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...herboard&hl=en

Alan Lilly