Default steam cleaning

I'm in need of a small steam cleaner for grease/gunk removal on bunch
of car parts that I cant remove to take to the pressure washer.
Commercial units are way too expensive for me, so I'm considering
building one. I need something that heats its own water, since my
garage doesnt have a hot water supply.

I've seen a few pressure washer attachments that look like nothing more
than a common oil burner pump/fan/ignitor centered within a coil of
tubing through which pressurized water is passed. Seems simple enough,
especially since I've got the pressure washer and burner pump kicking
aorund.

Anyone build something like this? A 1500 psi coil of superheated water
scares me.

Alternativly, how about a low pressure version? I have more than a few
low pressure pumps (200psi) which I could pass through the same coil
arrangement and then onto a commerical pressure washer "gun". A simple
boiler type pressure release could be fitted for cheap money to keep
things kinda safe.

Anyone try anything like this? Am I nuts? Anyone have a unit near
boston they are willing to part with?

Vin