Jeff Wisnia

Default Cutting "square" holes in sheet metal?

wrote:
How would I go about cutting small 1/4 inch square holes in 10 gauge
sheet sheet metal?

Well, I'm glad you aren't trying to cut *large* 1/4 inch square holes,
they're pretty difficult to do right.

But the small ones are easy, just get retro and pick up a 1/4" square
drill from:

WATTS BROS TOOL WORKS, INC.
760 AIRBRAKE AVE.
PO BOX 335
WILMERDING, PA. 15148
phone, 412-823-7877

The company is so retro themselves that I don't believe they are
bothered about not having a web presence yet, or if they have one it's
pretty well hidden.

For any folks who think I'm "smoking the drapes" about the square drill
thing, there's a photo description of a polygon drill at:

http://www.integerspin.co.uk/polygon.htm

IIRC these were the drills that made the carriage bolt what it is today.

Jeff (Ducking.....)

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)