Matt

Default Fein Multimaster

wrote:

There was mention of this tool on another group and when I looked up
the web site I saw that this tool can cut the bottom off architrave and
skirting.
I have always avoided putting hardwood floors down because I have never
wanted to take the skirting off but it looks as though this tool would
do the job.
Has anybody used one and can I get them anywhere other than the
internet, Simbles in Watford, my local tool stockists don't sell them.

It *can* do it (I've had one for quite a while now) but despite the
attraction of not removing the skirting you'd spend an absolute age
cutting. Maintaining a straight line might also be a problem and both
the basic tool and the suitable blades are not cheap. It's a great
piece of kit but I'd never consider using it for a full room.

Unless your skirting is something exceptional I'd pull it all off and
start from scratch. If you do manage to remove it in one piece then a
few minutes with a table or circular saw would remove all the excess
and produce a better job.

BTW, hardwood floors went out of fashion two or three years ago. :-)